8.21.2009

In case you were really curious...

So since I didn't really give you a good intro to my blog, and just moved on to a long rambling rant-type-thing, I thought maybe I'd go back now and make a little list for the, like, two people who have probably looked at this thing, of why I decided to start it in the first place.

1. I want this to be a learning experience for me. I'm trying so hard to be more outgoing, stop just observing everything around me and actually be a part of it. I really think this will help me do that. The whole point of a blog is putting your thoughts out there and welcoming interaction. I mean, I can write the same things in my paper journal as I do here in my online one, but my paper journal is just for my eyes. It's a lot more private...and I've gotten kinda tired of being so quiet about things.

2. Continuing on that note, I wanted to start keeping a blog because writing for an audience is a lot different than writing for yourself, and that's something I know I need to get better at. I'm currently a reporter for our school paper, and in all honesty, I suck at it. I just can't write articles about things I'm not interested in...and unfortunately, that's what you have to do a lot of the time. So I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to improve my writing skills at least a little throughout this whole thing. I'm not gonna be a reporter forever, but I would like to be a novelist one day.

3. I want a place to show off. That sounds awfully self-centered, but it's the truth. This blog isn't going to be post after post of personal rants, don't worry. I'm a crafty sort of a person, I'm creative and always working on some kind of project, so I'm hoping to use this as a place to get some of my artwork and such out there. At this point, I'm thinking it'll be mostly embroidery, some knitting maybe, and pages from my art journal. So be prepared. :)

4. I was bored. It seemed like a fun idea at the time. Making the banner and picking the colors for the page occupied me for a good while.

5. Hey, everyone and their dog has a blog these days. Why not me?

And there you have it. Five reasons why I started this blog. I feel better, having given a proper introduction, so now I'm gonna scoot off to bed. *hugs*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...