2.19.2010

Friday Friends!

Meet Jolie! :D

Name: Jolie

Nickname(s): Jo, jo jo, Joles, Jolie-bear
Location: Atlanta area


Blog Address: http://missshadowdozier.blogspot.com/
Shop Address: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShadowDozier


What are some of your hobbies?: hiking, runnning, crafting of all sorts, camping


Tell me your favorite...
Food: Fettuccine Alfredo-because it's so good for you :-)
Drink: There is nothing like a bottle of coca cola on a hot day
Movie: When I was younger it was Wizard of Oz, these days my favorite is The Royal Tennebaums
Band/singer: That's way too tough, I love all kinds of music. What I get obsessed with most easily is listening to musicals. Most recently it was listening to Wicked over and over and over.
Color: Pink ( I know, how generic right?)
Crafting supply: Felt, I love love love crafting with felt! It's so easy to work with and the ends don't fray. Plus it's an easy craft to take on the go. You can easily craft while on vacation with just some scissors, embroidery thread and needle and a couple swatches of felt.


What is your current obsession? Style school: I have lots of favorites right now but I love checking out the Style School Flickr account to see all the amazing and inspiring crafts my Style School classmates are coming up with.
How would you describe your personal style? My personal style is sort of cute, casual and hippie. I like to be comfortable but cute in my clothes. I love accessorizing with scarves in the cooler weather and long necklaces when it's warmer. Dresses are my favorite and I love that tights are so in right now because that's kept me in dresses pretty much all winter. And I pretty much live in cardigans. My favorite people to watch are Zooey Deschanel and Michelle Williams they both have a beautiful, feminine style.


How long have you been blogging? Almost two years now.
What made you decide to start a blog? I got laid off from a job I didn't love and decided that no matter what my next job would be that I wanted to have a creative outlet and blogging has been that for me.
What do you like most about blogging? I love that with blogging there are no rules. If I don't blog for a couple days, that's cool. If I want to blog about something totally random and off topic from my norm, that's fine too.
Give me a couple of your favorite blogs to read!

Skunk Boy Creatures http://skunkboycreatures.blogspot.com/

I love the little creatures she makes and she has the coolest style.

A Beautiful Mess http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/

One of the ladies hosting the style school class. Elsie has great DIY projects all the time.

Pretty Ditty http://pretty-ditty.blogspot.com/

Very cool out of the box projects.

Making Chicken Salad http://www.katherinejalaty.com/

Super cute tutorials

Design Sponge http://www.designspongeonline.com/

Great before and after, DIY and trends.

And of course Divine Chaos.


What kinds of things do you sell? Right now I'm still finding my nitch with Etsy. I am working on a line of felt plush toys that will be out in the next month or two. I am starting to add more jewelry. I've got a bunch of dog bandannas up right now too.
What is your favorite item in your shop right now? The dog bandannas are probably my favorite. They slip right over the dog's collar so they never fall off. I have personalized a bunch with felt pins too.


Where do you hope your shop will lead you (i.e., selling full-time, opening a real life store, etc.)? I'd love to have a real life craft/coffee and used book shop one day. But now it's just gives me something fun to work on in my spare time.


And finally, what's your biggest goal for yourself for the next year? My biggest goal for this year is to get my blog and esty shop really going. I'm starting to get a small following going on my blog which makes me super happy and I don't want to let my readers down. Also like I said, I'm finding my nitch with etsy. I want to figure out something that I love to make that makes people happy.I'm adding some regular themes to my blog: "Do you love these as much as I do", "Old Favorite/New Favorite", "Quick Craft" and "Style Inspiration". I'm hoping that people will like what they see and keep coming back.


And yay, I have another special giveaway to offer my dear readers!

Jolie has graciously offered up two pairs of adorable earrings to be given away! Here's an example in pink (though the winner is welcome to choose any color):


Aren't they cute? Hehe. Just comment here with what you're most looking forward to about spring for one entry! You can get an additional entry for following my blog! Just make sure you tell me(:

You can also run on over to Jolie's blog, if you'd like, and do the same there to enter to win another pair! You have until Monday at midnight to enter, and I'll announce the winner on Tuesday.


And that concludes this week's Friend post! Be sure to come back next week for the next one, which is going to include a little surprise something (and it's not a giveaway)!


blog signature

2 comments:

katiebug92 said...

Ooh, I love earrings! Please enter me!
xoxo

ArtistJess said...

oh, i want to enter too! i'm super stoked about my spring wedding! :) can't wait for it to get here in may!

jessicajonesdesign@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...