5.22.2010

Summer of Crafts

I haven't blogged in forever. But I've had lots going on! So here's just a short post to give you an idea of what I'm going to be doing as summer begins!

First of all, my big project for the summer will be turning this album art:

into a hexagon granny square blanket. I want it to be as close to the real thing as possible, which means 247 hexagons in who knows how many colors. I'm going to do it a little at a time and I hope I'll be done by the end of the summer. :D

My second summer project with be a summer art journal! I've been so inspired by all the pictures of the art journal pages in the RVA Flickr lately, and since I, sadly, missed out on joining the Tell Your Story class, I've decided to start my own art journal. I'm thinking it's going to be sort of themed to my summer, to help me document everything, at least at first. I already have some ideas for pages!

(by Janel)


(by Sarah)

And the third thing I'm really hoping to do this summer is get my Etsy shop going. I know I've been saying that forever, but I've had so much excess creative energy lately, plus I could really use the money, so I think it may finally be the right time!

Oh, and I'll be taking the summer RVA class, too, I hope! And I'll be hosting a little critter called Betty as part of a fun thing called the Little Visitor Swap! So some other fun crafting, scrapbooking, and exploring will be going on!

blog signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...