1.05.2011

Playlist: Party songs from me!

So, now that my wonderful boyfriend has shown you his taste in music by giving you a great list of songs to rock out to, I thought I would share a few of the songs I would choose for a party mix. (Disclaimer: My musical taste is all over the place and therefore somewhat questionable. Remember these are mostly just songs I like to dance around my house to!)

1. Sure Fire Winners, Adam Lambert
This song has a really great, loud beat and fairly easy lyrics, making it easy to dance and sing along to, even if you haven't heard it before. Plus the lyrics are super-upbeat and make you happy.

2. Boys Boys Boys, Lady GaGa
Of course, I have to put a GaGa song in here! This one is my favorite. It's just fun, and puts you into a sort of partying mood, but it wasn't overplayed (like Just Dance or Bad Romance) so it won't annoy your party guests.

3. Hummingbird Heartbeat, Katy Perry
Gotta have one of these in here, too! Haha. This song starts out slow but gets going with a nice beat, and it's just really cute and upbeat.

4. We R Who We R, Ke$ha
Against my better judgment (against both artists who spell their names with symbols and songs with abbreviated titles), I really like this song. It's about partying, for heaven's sake! And really bouncy and awesome.

5. Don't Stop Believin', Journey
Every person on earth knows this song, meaning everyone at the party will be belting out each and every word for the entire time. And really, what is better than a massive impromptu sing-a-long? (Nothing, that's what.)

6. Walk Like an Egyptian, The Bangles
Another one that most people know at least a part of. It's pretty much about a dance move, too, so you know that people will end up being really goofy on the dance floor.

7. Kiss Me, Robbie Williams
This song really reminds me of a DDR song, and those are always fun to try to adapt to regular dancing.

8. Bust A Move, Young MC
Yet another song that's about parties and dancing. I feel like this song could lead to someone breakdancing in the middle of the floor. (Obviously, this is the original, though I personally love the Glee version as well, even with Matthew Morrison's questionable rapping.)

9. Jump, Van Halen
Just don't hurt yourself or knock anything over when you're bouncing around to every instance of the word "jump" in this song. ;)

10. Don't Stop Me Now, Queen
This is my all-time favorite Queen song. It's pretty fast and a load of fun to sing along to!

11. Sharada, Skye Sweetnam
This is a more obscure song, and it's kinda girly, but it has a fast beat and happy, cute lyrics.

12. Supermassive Black Hole, Muse
Those of you that like Twilight will recognize this from the baseball scenes in the first movie. Those who didn't see that movie are lucky. :P Regardless, play this song when you flip the overhead lights off and break out the strobes and lasers.

So there you go! I hope that between Ryan's list and this one, you'll be inspired enough to put together a great soundtrack for your next party! :D



PS. Two days left of my blog party! Don't forget to keep checking back! I'm having so much fun.

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

Don't. Stop. Me. NOW.

I love that song : )

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...