1.12.2011

What I'm reading: 1.12.11



Open Right Now:

1. Sometimes a Great Notion, by Ken Kesey
I literally just started this one on my Kindle. It's for school. I've yet to hear anything good about it from anyone other than professional critics, so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!
Paperback|Kindle eBook

2. The Productive Writer, by Sage Cohen
I bought this (or rather, my mom bought it for me) on Monday, so I've only managed to skim through it a bit, but it looks good. I'm hoping to write a lot more this year, so I think this might help with that!
Paperback|Kindle eBook

Back on the Shelf:

1. Burned Alive: A Victim of the Law of Men, by Souad
This memoir was written by a woman who, as a 19 year old girl in the Middle East, became pregnant and was burned alive by her brother-in-law in an honor killing at the order of her father. She survived the attack with the help of a social worker and moved to Europe. It is a great book, and her story is both horrifying and extremely humbling.
Paperback|Kindle eBook

2. Good Enough to Eat, by Stacey Ballis
This is a novel about a woman who loses half her body weight, opens a healthy take out cafe, and is then left by her husband for a woman twice her size. It isn't particularly deep, but it's funny and interesting, especially if you're like me and like to read about food. There are even recipes in the back, both classic and healthy versions of the things talked about throughout the novel.
Paperback|Kindle eBook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...