3.03.2011

Oreo Truffles!

Or, as they are sometimes known, Oreo balls, or Oreo cake balls (though they contain no cake)!

A few Oreo Truffles!

I made these last weekend for my mom, my boyfriend and myself. They're amazing! I didn't follow a real recipe (my friend makes them and just told me what to do) but they're super simple and delicious so I thought you all might like to know about them!

Oreo Truffles!

  • 1 package of Double Stuf Oreos

  • 1 block of cream cheese

  • chocolate chips, chocolate bark, or almond bark

Makes about 28 truffles.
  1. Crush 3/4 of the package of Oreos, give or take a few. You can do this with a food processor or by hand. I did it by hand. Put a few Oreos in a gallon bag at a time and whack away with a spatula or a spoon.

  2. Add in the block of cream cheese and mix. Use a metal spoon; this stuff gets thick. It helps if the cream cheese is slightly soft, too. Chill the "dough" for about 30 minutes before going to the next step.

  3. Roll into balls about an inch wide. Lay them out on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil. Then stick them back in the fridge for awhile. The colder they are, the easier it is to cover them in chocolate.

  4. Cover those suckers! Melt your chocolate or almond bark in the microwave or on the stove (be careful not to burn!) and carefully dip each Oreo ball in chocolate. Put them back on the cookie sheet and put that back in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.

  5. Enjoy!

The only hard thing about this is covering them in chocolate, but you do get the hang of it more once you get started.

You can leave them in the fridge or take them out once they're hard and put them in baggies. I took my pictures right when they came out of the fridge, so they look kind of wet--they don't stay like that. :D

Many Oreo Truffles!

1 comments:

the perfect pear said...

wow these look delicious.
p.s. you can still be in Promo 4 Promo, your all signed up and set to go!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...