7.24.2011

What's on my iPhone?

So I was inspired by a blog post on another blog (which I now cannot find, unfortunately; if you know which one I mean, please link to it in the comments!) to do this. I have a lot of apps on my iPhone and I use several of them literally every day, and I thought it might be fun to write about what those are and why I love them!

First of all, my iPhone is jailbroken, which is why I have 5 icons in my dock. Jailbreaking is pretty easy, though there is always the risk of "bricking" your phone (rendering it un-usable and not covered by Apple's warranty), so I wouldn't recommend doing it until you're confident about it. But it really frees you to do a lot of things that Apple normally won't allow, so I'm really glad I did it.

the first page
So, this page is mostly stock iPhone apps, so I mostly posted this to talk about what's on my dock. I keep the Twitter and Facebook apps down there because I do like to check them a lot, probably more often than I should! Messages is down there because texting is my preferred mode of communication. WriMoDemon is to track my Camp NaNoWriMo count (which is really low, right now, ugh).

the second page
These are the non-stock apps that I use most often and want quick access to. That includes, of course, Hipstamatic and Instagram. I don't really use Hipstamatic much anymore because I prefer Instagram. (You can check out the pictures I take on my phone by looking under this tag.) I take a lot of pictures on my phone and I like altering them with the pretty Instagram filters. I also love Craftgawker (which you can also find online here) for inspiration. It's a lot of fun to browse. It's a lot like Pinterest but the app works a lot better, and everything has proper credit, which is nice. Dropbox is another great app. I mostly use it to back things up, but it's great for transferring pictures from my phone to my computer without having to hunt for the cord! Weave is the best organizational app ever. You can put in "projects", then list to-do items, as well as put in expenses and income for those projects. It's awesome! I highly recommend it. I'm probably going to do a review/walk-through of it later. The last thing on this page is Google+. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, mostly because I only have three friends on the network at the moment. So we'll see.

the "fun" folder
I open this folder whenever I'm bored and just want to browse something. I usually choose Pulse, which is a news reader that I generally use for tech blogs. I'll open up Netflix if I I have an outlet and a WiFi connection (thanks a lot, Apple and AT&T). StumbleUpon is a great app for killing time. You can find the computer version here, but be very careful...it's seriously a huge time-sink!

the "creativity" folder
This folder is mostly photography-related apps. Photogene and ColorSplash are great for editing and playing with pictures. Labelbox is just a cute app for adding captions to pictures.

the "shopping" folder
Of course, I have a shopping folder! Shopkick is an app that lets you collect points just by walking into certain stores! The points can then be redeemed for cool little prizes, like gift cards to different places, and bigger things (if you earn a lot) like Coach purses and 3D TVs. And HoursTracker lets me keep track of how much I work and how much I earn.

Well, that's what's on my iPhone! I love this thing. It does so much! Like I said, I'll be doing a more in-depth post about Weave, since I'm just really impressed with it and I think it's a great thing for bloggers and crafters and Etsy sellers, especially. So stay tuned for that!

1 comments:

Kaci said...

This is an awesome post! I just downloaded 3 apps! Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...