8.16.2011

The Creative Setup: Elaine



1. Who are you, and what do you do?
I'm Elaine Davis: newlywed, cat lover, photographer, blogger, and artist. I live in the TINIEST little town in Indiana with my husband Ian and my adventurous cat Phoebe. I'm currently between day jobs, but my career is as a photographer. I've been doing freelance for 2 years now and it has been the most inspiring 2 years of my life!  I've had my blog Glow in the Dark Soul for 5 years and it's become my internet home where I've met so many good friends along the way.

2. What hardware are you using?
I have a white MacBook that contains my entire life on it. There have been times where I've been without it and it's RIDICULOUS how lost I am! haha I don't have any fancy external keyboards or a mouse or anything, just the trusty laptop! The camera I use is a Nikon D40 which some might say is outdated, but it suits my needs just fine! I shoot exclusively with two lenses: a Nikon DX 18-55 mm and a Nikon DX 55-200 mm. I also have a rickety old Vivitar 2000 external flash. haha

For pleasure purposes, I have my beloved Kindle 3G for e-books and the occasional game. It was one of the best gifts I've ever received and it's made my hobby of reading so much more convenient on the go!

3. And what software?
Most of the software I use on my laptop is for photography: iPhoto for sorting, Adobe Photoshop, for editing, and HP Photosmart Studio for scanning. Aside from photo software, I love Safari of course! I also use iCal to keep all of my online class information organized, and the Adobe Suite for graphic design.

For online software, I am a Google user all the way! I use my gmail religiously, Google Reader, and Blogger obviously. I update my Flickr with all of my everyday photos plus samples of my photography. I'm also obsessed with Listography, Twitter, Goodreads, and Pinterest! Nothing out of the ordinary for the blogging community.

4. What would be your dream setup?
Oh man, my dream setup would be a big beautiful iMac desktop in a big beautiful creative workspace. I've been wanting Lightroom editing software for the longest time, but haven't shelled out the cash for it yet. Also in keeping with the good of the setup, I want a wall-mounted interchangeable seamless backdrop and some studio track lighting! Ahhhhh A girl can dream. My parents have also talked about getting me a softbox that I can sync with my camera too. Eeek! An iPhone wouldn't hurt either so I can get the Instagram app! I just want to have everything I need to make whatever kind of beautiful images I want, but for now, I'm content with my modest little apartment and looking through my viewfinder. :)

~*~*~*~
This is a feature in which I invite bloggers and other creative people to share what technology they use to get their jobs done. These interviews are unedited, except for adding links to product pages in some cases. Photos are property of interviewees.

I am always looking for more people to interview! If you would like to participate, please email me at emdismukes[at]yahoo[dot]com. I hope to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...