11.25.2011

The Creative Writer's Setup: Karen



1. Who are you, and what do you write?
My name is Karen R. Thorne, and I am a Visionary/metaphysical novelist -- Visionary Fiction for a New Paradigm.

All my work focuses on a greater spiritual (not religious) message. It favors choosing love over hate, compassion over scorn, peace over violence.

2. What hardware are you using?
I work primarily on a Gateway netbook running Linux Mint 8 Helena. I use a separate wireless ergo keyboard and wireless mouse, so I have an ergonomic setup wherever I go.

3. And what software?
After trying many approaches, including LyX, I solely use OpenOffice Writer for everything--including my covers.

I dabbled in the various "how-to-write-a-novel" softwares, like Storybook, Story Writer, etc. but found all they did were distract me from the actual writing. Character sheets I only find useful for keeping track of what color eyes or an address, but I don't fill them out in advance.

4. What would be your dream setup?
I pretty much have it! The only thing that would make it total writer's heaven would be a faster processor, so I could do things quicker. That. and making so much money from my writing that I'd never have to work a day job again so I could write full time!!!

~*~*~*~
This is a special version of a popular feature in which I invite writers and fellow NaNoWriMo participants to share what technology they use to get their jobs done. These interviews are unedited. Photos are property of interviewees.

All the interviews can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...