11.01.2011

NaNoWriMo Meme: Day 1

This is a series of questions (one for each day of the month) written by Tumblr user "matokah". I found it and thought it would be a fun thing to do, but I'll be sharing it here instead of on Tumblr because...I don't really use Tumblr. So! Here's Day 1!

Have you participated in NaNoWriMo before?  If so, which years and what end result?  If not (or even if so, for that matter), what’s your connection to writing?  Why do you want to participate this year?

I have participated nearly every year since my freshman year of high school (I think), including the first Script Frenzy and the first Camp NaNo, this past summer. I have never won. The most I have completed on a single project was about 13,000 words on the novel I started last July.

I love to write. I don't get many original ideas, and I'm not great at the follow through, but I love thinking up characters and doing things with them. I started writing for pleasure a short time after Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came out, when I discovered the wonderful world of fanfiction. I have been writing pretty steadily since, be it fan-fic, original fiction, newspaper articles, or blog posts. I'm majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing of the fiction genre, even.

I want to participate this year because I am determined to win for once. At the very least, I want to break my previous goal of 13,000 words.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...