11.03.2011

NanoWriMo Meme: Day 3

Day 3 - Pick one of your female characters.  Introduce your readers to her, from her point of view and her words only.

Reader, meet my main female character, Rose.

Hello, everyone. I'm Rose. I'm not great at introducing myself. I always feel a little awkward. I've always been a little awkward in general, to be honest... I graduated from college three months ago with an English degree. I've been living at home and working at a locally owned coffee shop, The Mug and Muffin, but between you and me, I really just want to move to New York City and write a book. I honestly feel kind of weird typing that, because I don't know if it's ever going to happen, and I'm not really even sure if it's a very realistic dream. But there it is. I love to write, anyway. Even if I never make it to the big city, one day I'm going to see my name on the cover of a novel. I've been making up stories for as long as I can remember, and working at a coffee shop that serves some admittedly odd people sometimes gives a person a great deal of inspiration to work with. So even if I end up living in this tiny, boring suburb for the rest of my life, my book will eventually be sitting on the Local Authors shelf at our little bookstore.

This whole thing makes it sound like I have no life. But I guess I really don't. I have a couple friends, but I don't go out a whole lot. I had a few boyfriends in college, but nothing serious, and I haven't dated since the end of my junior year. I go to work and I write, and I dream about New York. That's really all there is.

I'm really bad at writing in first person. Ha ha. Oh well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...