11.01.2011

National Novel Writing Month


Well, I must be crazy, because I'm sitting here at 11:00 PM on October 31 and I'm typing out a little paragraph long summary of what'll happen in (what I hope will be) the first chapter or two of my novel.

I've made attempts at National Novel Writing Month before, but I've never succeeded. This month, my main goal is to break my previous record of about 13,000 words on a single story; my secondary goal is, of course, to reach 50,000 words and hopefully finish the novel.

As of this writing, I have two characters (who are, admittedly, mostly just names) and a very short summary of the beginning of some kind of plat to work on. I really wanted a detailed outline to work with this year but alas, it was not meant to be.

So wish me luck! I'll try to keep you updated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...