1.01.2012

One Little Word

So, lately I've been getting more into scrapbooking and the scrapbooking community. Now, when you start surfing the scrapping sections of the Internet, there are three things you learn about, particularly around the end of the year: December Daily, Project Life, and One Little Word.

Well, December Daily and Project Life are two things that I'm filing away to attempt later, but One Little Word appealed to me a lot. I decided not to take Ali Edward's One Little Word class this time around (given my current budget and obvious issues with actually finishing online classes), but I did choose a word:


One of my biggest problems with not getting things done is my lack of ability to focus. I find myself wanting to do several projects at once and ending up not doing any of them. Or, I'll get excited and start something only to lose interest half way through. I spend too much of my time thinking about what I want to do (often while goofing off on the computer or watching TV) and not near enough time sitting down and working on things!

So, in 2012, I'm going to work on my FOCUS. I have a few goals for the new year, as well as one special project I'm working on (I'll be talking more about that soon!), and I just know that I won't get anything done until I sit myself down and learn to focus on things and actually finish them.

Since I'm not doing the class, I won't have any prompts to guide me, but I do want to make a post each month to reflect on how my word is helping me in my life. I'll tag them all so you can follow along, and I'm adding a button with my word on it to my sidebar, so that I can be reminded of it often. Wish me luck!

And, of course, Happy New Year to all of you! 2011 was pretty awesome, and I'm looking forward to another great year with all of you.

2 comments:

Campfire Chic said...

We have the same OLW! Woohoo!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ahh I need to work on focusing more too! I can totally relate to this! Hope you have a wonderful new year!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...