3.02.2012

A birthday card for Ryan

Ryan's birthday was on the 28th of February, but we've been doing things all week to celebrate. We had crawfish with his family last Saturday; he and I went out to dinner on Tuesday; and on Wednesday, we went to a Dallas Stars hockey game. This Saturday, we'll be going out to breakfast at this great restaurant with a bunch of our friends from school.

I'm really getting into cards lately, and I've been buying up a bunch of fun stamps, so I wanted to make him a birthday card. (I had already made him a Valentine's Day card, which you can check out here.) Here's the card I made him:



Materials: white cardstock, Studio G alphabet clear stamps, American Crafts Jared clear stamps, ColorBox cat's eye dye ink in Mermaid

Since I'm really new to cards, I was a little stuck for an idea, so I turned to Katie's Pinterest board of cards and I came across this card, made by Jennifer McGuire for Studio Calico. I had a chevron stamp from the AC set I just bought that would be perfect for making those chevron strips, so I went with it! It came out pretty great, I thought, and Ryan liked it, so: mission accomplished! I can't wait to make more cards. I have lots of ideas!

And here's a bonus photo of Ryan and me at the Stars game! Those things are always fun. Ryan bought me a jersey, too! My first sports jersey ever.

9 comments:

katiebug92 said...

Your card turned out so cute, Emily! :)

Erica said...

Cute card! I'm a huge Kings fan.

Laurie said...

Love it - sweet and simple!

Laurie said...

Love it - sweet and simple!

Christina Collins said...

The card is great and you two are such an adorable couple. :)

scrappymo! said...

Your card looks just like the 2 of you.....sweet!

Pam said...

Cute card! Cute couple! :-)

Tracy said...

Nice card.
Sweet photo :)

Natt Smith said...

Love this simply cute card ^_^

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...