4.03.2012

A brand new art journal...

First of all, let me apologize for being gone so long! I've been very busy lately. But don't worry! I'll be back here blogging regularly again! And I will be sharing the past few weeks worth of Project 365 photos this Sunday, so make sure to come back for that!

I have an art journal page to share with you today, though!


Materials: acrylic paint, graph paper, paper doily, cardstock, stamps, Smash Date Stamp, Smash Tape, image from UO catalog



After spending so much time working on my tiny journal for the class I'm teaching right now, I was really feeling the art journal "flow" and I wanted to get a new journal to work in. I was also ready for a change, so I went with a big book this time: 7x10! It's a Canson brand book. I got the one with multi-media paper so that I could work with acrylics or watercolor without having to worry about it seeping through or buckling the pages.



The day I picked it up at Michael's (a couple weeks ago, as you can see from the date on this page!), I also bought eight little bottles of acrylic paint. I got black, white, red, classic blue, "island blue", yellow, pink, and green. I used the pink and the island blue on this page. They were 2 for $1 that week, which is why I grabbed so many! They're normally $0.59 each, though, so I'll probably go back for more eventually. They had a great selection of colors.



I have a few more pages in this journal started (if you're in the Journal in Your Pocket class, you'll have seen them already!) and I can't wait to get back to work on them!

Note: I am an Amazon affiliate, and I do make a small amount of money if you purchase anything from my links.

xoxo
Emily

2 comments:

kate said...

I am totally smitten with this journal page! I love the mash of textures and prints and the date stamp makes me want to go buy one! Great post on a great blog! Keep it up!

Ana said...

Very cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...