7.04.2012

Summer 2012 Art Journal Pages

To take a little break from all the cards, I thought I would share the first two pages I've finished for Natalie Malik's In The Sun 2012 art journal class! I'm pretty behind (the first prompt went up on June 11) but it is a self-paced class, so I'm not worried! I'm having lots of fun! Check it out:

Materials: watercolors, gesso, black pen, foam number stickers

This page was for the Introduction prompt. This art journal had already been started (I have a few non-summer-related pages in the front) so I took Natalie's advise and made this title page to serve as a divider of sorts! You can learn the technique I used here.

Materials: watercolors, white gel pen, stamps by American Crafts, Stampin' Up ink in Summer Sun, security envelope scraps, wrapping paper, foam letter stickers, image from Urban Outfitters catalog

And this page was done for the Hello Summer prompt.



This page took me a long time, but I like it. I love that the Summer Sun ink matches the yellow in that big doily (which is from a roll of $1.50 wrapping paper I found at Michaels!) perfectly. I also love that it's called Summer Sun! How perfect is that? And I love that little doily stamp from the original Amy Tangerine collection.

I'm planning on journaling on this page some, I think. We'll see! I like it like this, too.

That's all I have for now! Another card is coming at you on Friday! And then some fun travel-related posts next week. Stay tuned!

xoxo
Emily

5 comments:

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice...love the post...

Jasmine said...

I should take a class on art journaling...I love what you have done with this! Great post!
Jasmine
alittledabofglue.blogspot

katiebug92 said...

I love that you reused a security envelope! how neat!!

Emily Mae said...

Check out In The Sun! It's totally free, and you can even view last year's prompts and techniques, too! Or, for something less season-specific, the class that Natalie and I taught together is available as a PDF for $13 in our Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/journalinyourpocket

And thank you! :D

Emily Mae said...

Thanks! The patterns are so fun! Natalie gave me a bunch of those little windows so I have lots to play with.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...