8.10.2012

My Favorite Place: A Mini-Book

I just love mini-books (though maybe not quite as much as Kam does)! I've long been inspired by beautiful mini-books like these, but this is the first one I've completed. The problem is that I don't have a lot of occasions (like big events or vacations) that would make a mini-book more practical than just a regular page in my scrapbook or Smash book. But then I saw this mini-book tutorial on Punk Projects and I was beyond inspired! It's like a mini-mini-book. So I made one!



Instead of square, like Katie's, I made mine rectangular to fit 3 4x6 photos I had.



And here are some fun detail shots:



And, also inspired by Katie's DIY post, I made up this little .gif so that you can see how it all folds up! (Making the .gif was surprisingly easy; I think I'll be making more in the future!)



I had a lot of fun making this mini-book! If you want to break into minis but aren't sure where to start, I suggest making something little like this. And stay tuned for more mini-books from me: I'm currently working on one that documents my recent trip to New York!

xoxo
Emily

8 comments:

katiebug92 said...

It's amazing!! I'm so happy that you were inspired by both my mini album, and the little .gif I made. :) I love all the stamping you did.

Ana said...

Very cute! Love it

Alinor said...

it's really cool, what ink did you used for your stamp? it's like your background color, but paler. love it!

Erica said...

This is absolutely adorable! Just read your bio and realized your at UNT. My husband went there!

Emily Mae said...

I used Versamark ink for that! If you use it without embossing on top, it just dries to a color a little darker than what's underneath. Very handy for subtle stamping.

Blessed Ladybug said...

great i love it....

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

super cute mini!!!!! very different-I love it!

sarabeth

Alexandra Rae said...

Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE. What a cute way to take a simple (but fun and adorable) story and make it into something more special than even a 12x12! That's not to say that 12x12s aren't special, but this is just EXTRA special. I love it.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...