8.08.2012

Project Life: Title Page+Week One

Yup, I've finally jumped on the bandwagon...I'm doing Project Life! (If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out Becky Higgins' website. She's the one who started it all, and there's a neat video explanation right on her page. Also take a look at Kam's PL pages and Elise Blaha's for some good examples.)

Without any further ado, here's the title page for my album:



I was having a hard time figuring out what to do for the opening page, so I finally just decided to keep it *super* simple. I chopped up the page in my art journal that I made for this tutorial, and then I stamped out my title with the Stepping Stone alphabet stamp set from Studio Calico. I added the little arrows (from a tiny $1 Studio G stamp set) and called it done!

Now, my first week of Project Life was last week. Here's that page:



Yes, mine looks a bit different from the average Project Life layout! That's because I'm not using the "official" products (which you can look at here, if you're curious). Instead, I picked up a pack of baseball card pockets (similar to these) and I'm making all my own journaling cards to fit the smaller size (2.5x3.5 inches, to be exact).

Here are a few close-ups:



I decided not to use "week 1" (etc.) as my titles, because my "week 1" isn't the first week of the calendar year, and I didn't want to get confused. So I'm just going to put the start-end dates of each week. All the patterned paper this week is from a 6x6 Recollection (Michaels store brand) pad. The outlined letters are, again, Stepping Stone. I use the Smash date stamp a lot, too.



The blue graph card is a cut-down index card from Office Depot (the grey grid from the top row was printed on regular white cardstock and cut down). The yellow dot tape is from Target (as well as the tape on the journal card in the top row). Both photos here are Instagrams. In the middle is a Michaels receipt folded to fit and decorated with some little punched pieces from the punch I bought that day. The third card was done with stamps from this Amy Tangerine set. I'm on a hardcore waffle kick right now. I eat them every morning, with lots of butter!



The first card here is to commemorate the launch of my new blog name and design! Those are the solid letters from Stepping Stone (can you tell it's my favorite thing right now?). In the middle is more Recollections paper and another Studio G stamp. I bought that set to use on birthday cards, but I can see it'll come in handy for documenting birthdays here, too! My sister Gabbi's birthday was on the 2nd. That's another Instagram, too (I print them at 2x2 to fit on the cards). And the last photo is of one of my current favorite meals: honey-walnut shrimp. The washi is Smash brand.

Well, that's all of last week! I look forward to sharing more of this album as I work on it. I really like this project so far.

xoxo
Emily

2 comments:

Megan Anderson said...

Love it! I like that there's a lot going on, but it doesn't look cluttered at all.


I'm not using "official" products either: I'm working with my stash and a mix of page protectors from a bunch of different companies. I just bought some of those baseball cards to use as inserts. They're awesome.

Sherry C said...

Congrats to you on PL! I have yet to take the plunge - I can barely survive JYC/Dec. Daily. It looks great! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...