8.17.2012

Scrapbook Layout: "Get Your Read On"

I have another scrapbook page to share today! This is a simple one with a photo courtesy of Natalie, a tag I originally made to be a bookmark, and a few pretty Lawn Fawn patterned papers.



Oh, and there are a few bits of a page from an old book I cut up to make a journal a couple years ago, and some kraft paper that I punched little hearts out of!



I replaced the white string that came on the tag with some blue cord I found and tied it in a little bow like I did on the cover of this mini-book.



And of course, there's that arrow stamp I love so much!

Now, I have something funny to say about how this page came about! I pin a lot of layouts to my Scrappy Pinterest Board for future inspiration. When I sat down to do this layout, though, I wasn't looking at anything I had pinned. I had a vague memory of this layout by ajmcgarvey on Studio Calico, but I wasn't working directly from it. Imagine my surprise when I went back to take a look at after this page was finished and I realized that I had been subconsciously inspired to not only use the grid design, but punch out those hearts! And I find it even more interesting that I just noticed that ajmcgarvey's page was actually taken from a sketch at a scrapbook sketch website! Oh, how inspiration travels on the Internet! I love it.

Well, anyway, that's all for the day! I still have a few more pages to share next week, though! See you then!

xoxo
Emily

10 comments:

katiebug92 said...

ummm, yeah, I LOVE this page!! I love the bright colors on the white background.

Emily Mae said...

Thank you! It's one of my favorites so far, too!

Alinor said...

absolutely love the tag! are you still reading harry potter? just finished #7, cried a little bit as usual ^^

Staci said...

I really like the tag and the pop dotted arrows!!

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

what a great layout! i love the tag and the pop outs! :)

sarabeth

Ashley said...

Awesome page! Love it.

laura said...

I love that grid layout. They are hard to do

Marisa AV said...

I love this page!! awesome..and that arrow stamp? SO CUTE.

Sara said...

Fabulous page!!

Christina said...

I love the bright colors on this layout-so clean but vibrant!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...