8.22.2012

Scrapbook Layout: "just relax"

This page started with an older photo I have from the beach when Ryan and I went over Spring Break for a day. It was just a random photo with no specific "story", but it was pretty and I wanted to scrap it!



The patterned paper (from Recollections) reminded me of beach towels. I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo, but they have a subtle texture to them. So I laid them out like towels on the beach! I was kind of stuck about how to do the journaling, but with some help from the ladies at Two Peas, I decided to break out my old typewriter (an electric, not a pretty vintage one, unfortunately) and journal on these little kraft paper strips. I love how it came out!



If anyone can identify these letter stickers, please let me know! I picked up the nearly-full sheets on a trip to Scrap for $0.75 but they don't have any kind of brand or name on them. Anyway, I really like them, and they matched this page perfectly!



The location was actually a big part of the memory, because it was nice to visit Crystal Beach again with Ryan. This is the beach I've been going to since I was a little kid, because my grandparents had a beach house there (before Hurricane Ike washed it away, at least). So I included a little strip with that down here, under the photo.

And that's it for now! Thanks for taking a look!

xoxo
Emily

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Love how you scrapped your scenic beach photo. I have a few like that and never know what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ashley Calder said...

Love the photo and the nice colours on this page.
So funny to see this layout tonight... my family and I were just discussing Crystal Beach after dinner tonight! It was the first amusement park my sister and I ever went to. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...