9.24.2012

Scrapbook Layout: "Holding A Torch"

In addition to making a mini-album of my summer vacation in New York, I also had a few of my favorite photos printed at 4x6 so that I could scrapbook some traditional pages of the trip, too. Here's the first one I've completed, of the Statue of Liberty:





I used the Crate Paper Story Teller collection, the Lawn Fawn Interlocking Backgrounds stamp set, American Crafts "Doll" Thickers, a Studio G stamp, and alpha stickers from K&Co.

This layout came together fairly quickly thanks to Shimelle and this week's Starting Point. I adapted it to an 8.5x11 page and kept it pretty simple. This is the first time I've done any writing directly on the background, and I kind of like it! I'll have to do that more often. I really like this page and I'm happy to have another memory in my album!

xoxo
Emily

7 comments:

katiebug92 said...

So jealous! We didn't get to see the Statue when we went to NYC. You layout is beautiful: I love the photocorners!

Madeline said...

Beautiful page! Someday I hope to see NYC!

Loni Redden said...

I bet your trip was amazing. Cute page! I want those photo corners :oP

senoritaml said...

Very nice!

laura said...

Very nice layout. I have yet to get over to see the statue up close...always too late or sold out.

Gabrielle said...

Great job!! I visited NY, NY when I was in high school, and it was one of the most amazing trips I've ever taken!! I told my hubs that I would take him there for our 10 year wedding anniversary in a couple of years :)
-Gabrielle from Denton, TX

Patricia said...

Stunning Emily! I love you added those photos corners!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...