9.19.2012

Tips for Storing Washi Tape

I have to be honest with you guys: one thing I love about crafting is the opportunity to organize all the little bits and bobs I have in my stash. I also can't get enough of seeing how others organize their supplies! Recently I came up with a few ways to get myself using my collection of washi tape more often and I thought it would be fun to share them here.



My first tip is to employ some kind of open storage method. Out of sight, out of mind, right? I have all my washi in little stacks on one end of my craft space. Being able to see and reach something while you're working makes you a lot more likely to grab it and use it!

But, I know that open storage is not always an option. In fact, before I stacked up my tape on my desk, it was all in a big ziplock bag on my bookshelf, and I kept forgetting what I had. Enter: the Washi Tape Swatch Book.



I just took some shipping tags and stuck small bits of tape to each one, then hooked them all on a binder ring. This bulletin board is right next to my craft space, so it was a great place to hang the book for easy access. My tapes are organized by brand, but you could do them by color, or pattern, or whatever works for you, really. Easy to make and totally handy!

I hope one of these tips helps some of my fellow washi-lovers out there. I'm considering doing more posts like this with storage tips for various supplies I've found good solutions for. Would anyone be interested in that? Let me know if there are any supplies you struggle with storing and I'll see if I can help you out!

xoxo
Emily

6 comments:

Madeline said...

Thanks! I hope to have enough washi soon that I'll need to employ these great tips!

Fleursbydesign said...

Great tip TFS

Loni Redden said...

Fab tip! Thanks :)

Laura said...

Great idea with the tabs. Mine are all in a bucket, lol

Tatiana Ortega said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing, I love these tips!

Gabrielle said...

TFS, that's a terrific idea. One of my favorite past times besides scrapbooking is organizing all of my scrap crap! LOL, so posts like these are great. I just posted on my blog today pictures of my scraproom with storage ideas of my own. Feel free to check it out... plus I live right down the street (literally) from UNT, so you are welcome to come scrap with me if you ever feel up to it. You could have a whole 6ft table to yourself. I also host crops at my house monthly if you wanted to meet other local scrappers as well. Is it sad that when I'm done with grad school at UNT all I want to do is open a scrapbook store... it's sad. Why am I waisting precious time and money on a graduate degree... well as a fall back I suppose! Cheers!
www.fromwatsonwithlove.blogspot.com
-Gabi from Denton, TX

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...