10.22.2012

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor

First of all, I want to apologize to my loyal readers about my absence and assure you that I will be back to posting regularly soon. Can you believe that the last thing I created was that birthday card for my friend, nearly a month ago? I love being in college, but sometimes it seems like everything gets crazy-busy all at once, leaving no time for crafting! I have been having fun, though, and today I want to share something a bit out of my usual range of topics!

A little back-story before I share:
My dorm has hall-wide meetings (called General Assemblies) twice a month, where we get information about events around campus and programs that our RAs and the hall association are putting on for us. These meetings are also an opportunity for everyone to have fun and get dressed up according to the theme of the week. The theme of the last meeting was "Popular Books", and I immediately knew what I had to do.



That's me on the left, as Katniss Everdeen from the amazing Hunger Games series. On the right is my roommate, Cassidy, as the lovely Effie Trinket, of the same series.

Now, I usually don't have costumes quite as awesome as this one. (Cassidy, however, does! She's a costume queen.) I just don't have a lot of fun costume-esque clothes, or money to spend on this kind of thing. But, believe it or not, this one came together almost entirely out of things I had in my closet! I made the bow out of cardboard (if you're interested in a tutorial, I'd be glad to share, so let me know) and borrowed the orange backpack from a friend. Cassidy's Effie outfit was put together from clothes she owned or bought from a local thrift store, a blonde wig she styled herself, and a bunch of fun, inexpensive accessories.

We had a lot of fun with these and got a lot of compliments. I'm really glad I went all out for this one!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...