12.14.2012

Project Life: Week Two

It's been so long since I last posted a week of my Project Life album, but it's here if you want to check it out.

Anyway, I'm finally back with another week! This is my "Week 2", August 5-11, 2012. (I'm so behind, but I have photos printed and arranged through Thanksgiving at the moment, and my holiday break officially starts tomorrow, so I should have a lot to share soon!)

I do one page per week, using baseball card pocket page protectors (9 2.5x3.5 inch slots).

I've been keeping it pretty simple. The patterned paper is Recollections (Michael's store brand). The pink dotted washi tape on the date card is also Recollections, and the blue tape on the third card is from Target. I love the orange card, especially because I got to use my new Jenni Bowlin tab punch for the first time!

More Recollections patterned paper. I love adding a small strip of coordinating paper to the top of a plain grid card for journaling; I got the idea from Scrappy Jedi's Project Life. I think I'll be doing more cards like that pink one in the future. Labels like that are a great way to add a short title to an every-day Instagram photo.

If you couldn't tell, I'm still in love with my Stepping Stone alphabet stamps from Studio Calico. I'm probably going to be doing a lot of cards like the orange one there on the left in this album. And then there's another plain grid card with a strip of patterned paper on it, more Recollections brand. (You can see some green from a future week peeking through--I hope to be sharing that one soon!)

I took a quick shot of the whole spread so you can see how they aren't totally coordinated, but they don't clash. I can already see some things I think I'll be using throughout the album: the Stepping Stone alpha (with the addition of some almost-matching numbers from a 7 Gypsies set), matting Instagram photos, and outlining cards for a bit of extra detail and finish.

Check back soon for more of the weeks between August and November! I'm really hoping to have 2012 done before January starts (I may be switching to 12x12 pages and "official" PL products--I'm really in love with the new Seafoam core kit coming out soon). Wish me luck!

xoxo
Emily

2 comments:

Campfire Chic said...

Are you using baseball card sleeves? I really like the look!

Megan Anderson said...

Ah! I loved your first week, and I'm so excited you're posting again. Love, love your PL style.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...