1.12.2013

A Year of Peace



In 2012, I'm choosing to live by the word "peace". When I announced this to my boyfriend a few days ago, he laughed (in a nice way) and called me a hippie (something that he's called me on previous occasions, for various reasons). But I choose the word "peace" as my word of the year (inspired by, but not exactly following, Ali Edwards' One Little Word workshop) because it encompasses so many things that I want to work on in my life this year. With that in mind, I wrote down 6 broad categories to help guide my goals for 2013, all centered around the word "peace". Those categories are: peace in my body and mind; peace in my home; peace in my finances; peace in my creativity; peace in my schoolwork; and peace in my relationships. I have a longer list of specific goals that fit into those categories, some things I want to try to do monthly, weekly, or even daily. None of them are overwhelming, or will require loads of effort; they're all things that I've known for awhile now that I want to focus on or get done, and I'm taking this opportunity to do just that.

Because I'm not taking Ali's official One Little Word class (maybe next year, but it's just not in my budget right now), I've come up with a plan to document the progress I make on my goals and help me keep my word in mind throughout the next 12 months. First of all, I'm taking a cue from Elise Blaha Cripe and choosing 3 of my goals each month to really focus on. (This won't be to the exclusion of the other things, but I feel that narrowing it down to 3 to really accomplish will help me from getting overwhelmed early on.) On the 1st of each month, I'll make a short post with my 3 goals, and at the end of the month, I'll do a recap of what I accomplished and how I feel about what I did. That's "step 1" of my documentation: blogging. But I'm also planning to create a small album for my word of the year. It'll be a 4x6 book bound with binder rings. I'm going to work on putting the base together when I get back to school and have access to the full range of my supplies again. By the end of the year, I hope, the book will include journaling, photos, and mementos of my year of peace.

I can't wait to get started! Come back for another post tomorrow with my goals for (the rest of) January, and stay tuned for a post with my mini-album later this month!

xoxo
Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...