2.25.2013

30 Days of Lists: The Cover

I know I said in my post about my supplies for 30 Days of Lists that I would be sharing the cover of my book on March 1st, but I finished it last Friday and I am so in love with it that I can't wait another week to share it!

Supplies: my kit, American Crafts Journal Thickers, cream shipping tag, Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in Gold

I cut down an 8.5x11 sheet of chipboard to make a front and back cover for my book, punched holes in everything with my Crop-A-Dile, and decorated the cover before hooking it all together with binder rings.



I'm not kidding when I say I'm in in love with it, seriously. It's sitting next to me on my desk as I write this and I keep looking over at it. I'm so happy with how it turned out (and it took me a couple hours, simple as it is) that I am even more excited than ever for March to start.

I'm still debating how to decorate the inside pages, and whether or not I want to do it ahead of time. Jennifer of Simple Scrapper shared her foundation pages, pre-decorated very simply, and I really like how hers look. Even if I don't do it ahead of time, I'm planning to do something similar to Jennifer and stick with washi and patterned paper (and stamps, of course!) as my only embellishments. I also know that I want to keep the gold mist going throughout the book. I guess I'll just see what happens--I still have a few days to work on it before the prompts start rolling in!

That reminds me. Because I will probably need the weekends to finish up any pages I don't get done during the week for whatever reason, I will be blogging my lists each Monday until they're all posted. I will also be sharing them on my new Flickr account, so feel free to follow me there if you just want the photos.

xoxo
Emily

30 Days of Lists is a month long challenge hosted by Kam of Campfire Chic and Amy of Lemon and Raspberry in which participants make a simple list each day to capture a snapshot of their current lives. You can visit the 30 Days of Lists About page for more information. All of my posts about this project can be found under my 30 Days of Lists tag.

10 comments:

Katie Smith said...

I l-o-v-e the shipping tag on the cover. You keep posting pictures of things using that gold mist and I love it. I will have to keep an eye out for it at the scrapbook convention. (which is sadly not until June.)

EmilyMae said...

Thanks! I actually found the mist (and a lot of other Heidi Swapp products) at Michaels, so perhaps you can check there if you can't wait! And, do you mean the scrapbook con in Arlington? I'm hoping to go to that one this year!

Megan Anderson said...

Totally perfect! I love everything about it. What brand is the aqua stripe washi in the top left?

EmilyMae said...

Thanks so much! I got that tape at Michaels; I think it was just Recollections brand.

Jennifer Grace said...

I love the mist splatters and the washi! x

Fleur smith said...

Love the washi and misting, great cover :)

maggie fellow said...

that is great

Emily Dismukes said...

Thank you! I actually used that tag to test the mist when I first brought it home, so I'm really glad I was able to use it on a project!

Emily Dismukes said...

Thanks! The misting was totally fun--I've never really done it before!

Emily Dismukes said...

Thanks! :D

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...