2.22.2013

30 Days of Lists: The Supplies

At the beginning of February, I was lucky enough to receive the gift of registration to 30 Days of Lists! (If you don't know what 30 Days of Lists is, check out the about page here for information.) Needless to say, I'm so excited to be joining in on the fun this year (this is my first time) and I can't wait for March to start.

Now, my one goal for this project is to be done with it by the end of the month. I don't want this to be yet another journal I never quite finish! So my first thought was, get a kit together! That way, I have the basic supplies already chosen and won't have to spend quite so much time digging through my stash for that one perfect thing.

Here's what I came up with:



I modelled my kit (which is just the basics, truly) on the (now sold out) exclusive 30 Days of Lists kit put together by Jennifer S. Wilson of Simple Scrapper. I really liked her kit but it just wasn't in the budget for me, and I knew that I could create something similar using items from my own stash. Plus, I've been on a stash-busting kick lately, and this was just the thing to help!

My kit contains: one 6x6 paper pad from the Lime Twist collection by My Mind's Eye, one sheet of Jillibean Soup Alphabean stickers in Grilled Gray, one sheet of October Afternoon Mini Market stickers in Blue&Cream, 32 4x6 sheets of kraft cardstock, two binder rings, three rolls of Recollection washi tape

I also decided that no kit of mine is complete without stamps! I pulled a couple of sets that I think will work for this project:



My stamp "add on kit" contains: Lawn Fawn Interlocking Backdrops, Studio Calico Stepping Stone Alpha, 7Gypsies numbers, Studio G arrows, Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go clear stamps, Smash Roller Date Stamp

Of course, I'll be throwing other things into the mix throughout the month, I'm sure. My Jenni Bowlin tab punch will get some use for sure, as well as "staples" like shipping tags, and my brand new bottle of Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in Gold. (By the way, if you're on the search for that mist, I found my bottle at Michaels! Great use of last week's 50% off one item coupon, if I do say so myself.)

I hope to be back next Friday (March 1st!) to share the finished cover and possibly some embellishments for my book. I want to do as much preparation beforehand so that I don't get bogged down once the prompts start flowing. See you then!

xoxo
Emily

P.S. If you put together a kit like mine, I'd love to see it, so please leave a link in the comments! And, if you're still looking for a kit to purchase, Kristin of rukristin papercrafts (who happens to be a 30 Days of Lists Ambassador) has an awesome looking kit available here which she will be using, too!

30 Days of Lists is a month long challenge hosted by Kam of Campfire Chic and Amy of Lemon and Raspberry in which participants make a simple list each day to capture a snapshot of their current lives. You can visit the 30 Days of Lists About page for more information. All of my posts about this project can be found under my 30 Days of Lists tag.

3 comments:

Megan Anderson said...

Lookin' awesome!

Jeanna Cata said...

I don't know if I've ever actually commented before, but I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) I find your blog refreshing and fun. And I especially like the simplicity of your kit. I'll be sure to follow the link for 30 Days of Lists.

EmilyMae said...

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm touched by the nomination, and I'm glad you like my blog enough to nominate me! :D

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...