2.01.2013

A Year of Peace: January Results



I haven't had a chance yet to work on the mini-book I would like to use to document my Year of Peace, but I did do some journaling about my January goals that I would like to share with you as evidence of my progress!

1. Learn to unplug
When I first set this goal, it was out of a desire to spend less time on my phone and more time in the moment. But then, only a week into my billing session, I got a text from AT&T saying that I had already used over 65% of my data! I was informed that I would have to pay $10 if I went over my limit. So at that point, I decided that my goal was, essentially, to keep from exceeding my data limit. And I did it! I almost completely refrained from doing any web surfing, except over WiFi. I even made it through an entire Dallas Stars game without using my phone (I love hockey, but I inevitably get bored during the 3rd period). I was so proud of myself. I ended the month having used only about 75% of my data plan, total. I definitely succeeded in this goal, and I've chosen to carry the idea into February, too (but more about that tomorrow).

2. Create better daily hygiene habits
I'm not going to go in depth with this one, because it's pretty personal. But, in short, I believe I have succeeded in this goal, as well. I'm going to go back and check off the days on a calendar on which I remember accomplishing this goal so that I can see how well I really did, but I can see some results that tell me I did decently, at least. I'm going to keep working on these habits, though not as a main goal.

3. Connect with people
Well, I'm not sure about this one. I did accomplish this through my goal to unplug, which led to more conversations with people in person and more undivided attention awarded to people and events, but I did not follow through on my planned methods of getting this one done. I wanted to spend more time on the phone with my parents and send out thank you notes to a few relatives, and I failed at both of those things. So I'm counting this one as a semi-success. I'm going to continue to try to speak to my parents more often in the future. I'm also going to keep the incomplete thank you notes checklist around to remind me to get those written and sent. Better late than never, right?

All in all, I'm proud of myself. Come on back tomorrow to see my February goals and plans!

xoxo
Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...