2.13.2013

Top Chef UNT: Pesto Chicken Pizza

Last Saturday, my school (University of North Texas) held a cooking competition called Top Chef UNT. Two friends and I decided to enter. We've cooked together before (which reminds me, I never blogged our apple-pie-baking adventure!) and it seemed like it could be fun. For the competition, we were to make two identical pizzas, as well as a mystery item, in under an hour. Tall order, huh?

So, the week before the competition, we chose a pizza and made a plan. The first thing I did was look through the archives of Elise Cripe's 40 Pizzas project for ideas. I sent some links to my teammates and we ended up choosing a pesto chicken pizza. On Friday, we gathered our recipes and did a test run...



The final toppings list:
  • homemade pesto with almonds
  • chicken cooked in olive oil
  • mozzarella cheese
  • feta cheese
  • sun-dried tomatoes
  • caramelized onions

It came out wonderfully! We sold slices for $2 each to our friends to offset the cost of ingredients, and we had a lot of happy customers. The different toppings tasted amazing together and the pizza was really filling. And the entire thing, from start to finish, took under an hour! It was easily the quickest recipe we've ever taken on.

It was certainly different from any pizza I had ever had before, but I loved it and I'll definitely be making it again sometime. Do you ever make pizza at home? What are your favorite toppings?

xoxo
Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...