5.20.2013

The Hunger Games Swap

I found this post half-finished in my drafts folder and can't believe I never shared it, so here goes!

In March of 2012, I joined a swap on Craftster that was Hunger Games themed. I had a lot of fun putting together a package for my partner, so I thought I would share the things I made for her.


This simple card was the last thing I made, but probably the first to be opened. I think it was actually one of my first cards, come to think of it.


I did this pair of sketches based on the book of plants that Katniss's family has in the books.


This is a close up photo of a tote bag I hand-painted the mockingjay symbol on. The fabric paint I used has an amazing metallic gold finish. I really didn't want to give this bag up!




This is a set of 12 ATCs I designed. Each one represents a different one of the 12 districts and that district's specialty. My favorites are probably 3, 4, and 12.

I really hope my partner liked her package as much as I liked putting it together for her!

xoxo
Emily

2 comments:

Megan Anderson said...

Okay, I love everything, but the ATCs are SO SMART! Your creativity is astonishing. (Also, I wouldn't mind making one of those tote bags too! What kind of paint is it; that's the best metallic fabric paint ever!)

Emily Dismukes said...

Thank you so much! The paint is Tulip Soft Fabric Paint in Gold. It's the best! I used the same brand in Platinum for the Star Trek shirt I posted on Saturday. It dries really quickly, it's easy to apply with a regular paintbrush, and the metallics really shine.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...